Thin Film Panels
Solar thin film panels are flexible, lightweight, and have better performance at actual operating temperatures, under lower light intensities, and even when damaged (unlikely due to the durability of the PV Laminate)!
However designing these systems takes experience in both metal roofing as well as solar and electrical engineering. Thin film panels come in pre-made lengths of 18 Feet, 16.5 Feet and 8.5 Feet with a width of 16 inches specifically for standing seam roofs.
Thin Film Panel Power Outputs
- 18 feet – 144 watts per hour
- 16.5 feet – 136 watts per hour
- 8.5 feet – 68 watts per hour
Quick-Connect Terminals and Adhesive Backing
Limited Power Output Warranty
92% at 10 years, 84% at 20 years, 80% at 25 years (of minimum power)
Thin Film Panel Application
- Approved substrates include certain membrane and metal roofing products
- Uses Bypass Diodes for Shadow Tolerance
- Quick Connect feature for easy installation
- Concealed wires hidden under metal roofing ridge
- Adhesive: Ethylene propylene copolymer adhesive sealant with microbial inhibitor
- Bypass Diodes: Connected across every solar cell
- Installation temperature between 10 °C – 40 °C (50 °F – 100 °F)
- Maximum roof temperature 85 °C (185 °F)
- Minimum slope: 3° (1/2:12)
- Maximum slope 60° (21:12)
Your team of master roofers have just completed the metal roof on our large contemporary home after four weeks of intense, challenging, dangerous work. We are so impressed with your metal roofing team and wanted you to know it. Hurray for our beautiful metal roof!!
Jim and Dana