New Jersey’s #1 Metal Roofing Installer
Rainwater Harvesting Systems
Rainwater Harvesting is the process of capturing and storing rainwater, so that it can be used as needed. We offer four types of rainwater harvesting systems:
- Traditional 225 RHS
- Classic 400 RHS
- Ultra 1700 RHS
- Custom Rainwater Harvesting Systems
Advantages of Rainwater Harvesting Systems
- Water is free so you only pay for collection and use
- Water your lawn with no restrictions
- Nearby tanks, eliminating the need for complex and costly systems
- Rainwater provides a water source when groundwater is unavailable
- Zero hardness of rainwater helps prevent scale or rust stains
- Rainwater is superior for landscape irrigation
- Reduces flow to storm water drains and also reduces non-point source pollution
Water conservation experts have known for a while the more clean and smooth the roof surface, the higher quantity of water can be collected and stored. Standing seam metal roofing systems create an ideal platform for rainwater harvesting as they lose little amounts of water compared to tar and gravel roofing systems, which can lose an average of 10 to 15 percent due to runoff.
Installing a rainwater harvesting system benefits not only your home, but also your local community as it reduces demand on the water supply as well as run-off, erosion, and contamination of surface water. It is not uncommon for a community as a whole to average 30 to 50 percent of water usage for landscaping irrigation. Rainwater harvesting systems drastically help these communities.
If you have additional questions please contact us toll free at 888-234-2929.