New Jersey’s #1 Metal Roofing Installer
Metal vs Asphalt Roofing
Metal and Asphalt each offer their own advantages to any home roof solution. High and above, metal roofing is the ultimate option for those seeking an efficient and durable roofing solution. In addition, metal roofing has been proven to reduce energy consumption which results in enhanced savings for customers. Metal roofs are also known to last longer and perform better than typical asphalt roofs. Here is how asphalt roofing stacks up to metal roofing:
- Metal Roofs – Metal roofing is known to withstand the test of time and perform exceptionally for extended periods of time. Many metal roofs can last from 60 to 75 years at peak operation. Our metal roofs are backed by a proud tradition in longevity and quality.
- Asphalt Roofs – Many asphalt roofs are complemented by extended warranties, but performance is closely tied to a well-ventilated roof deck and homeowner maintenance. In addition to general wear and tear, asphalt roofs are often tested frequently by adverse conditions, making them a difficult choice for long-term success.
- Metal Roofs – Metal roofs have a reputation of withstanding severe weather. Reinforced shingles can repel damage from high winds, hail, rain, ice, snow, and stray debris tossed in many storm events.
- Asphalt Roofs – Asphalt roofs provide good uplift protection, but cannot contend with severe weather such as hail. In addition, asphalt roofs that do not get adequate sunlight can be exposed to the growth of moss, mildew, and algae, which will ultimately decrease durability and lifespan.
- Metal Roofs – Here at Metal Roofing NJ, our metal roofs are composed of cutting-edge, industry-leading metal products which reflect solar energy and nevertheless remit heat through pigments featured on the roof surface. As a result, customers are offered a product that is able to reduce cooling costs while also retaining heat in homes when it is needed most.
- Asphalt Roofs – Asphalt roofs trap heat and energy, causing air conditioning units to work harder to cool homes during summer months. Asphalt roofs are poor for deflecting solar radiation.
Installation and Repair
- Metal Roofs – Metal roofing shingles are lightweight and easy to install and repair as needed. Metal roofing shingles range from 50 to 150 pounds per square.
- Asphalt Roofs – Basic asphalt shingles weigh about 200 pounds per square, some laminated, textured, and higher-end architectural shingles can weigh nearly 500 pounds per square.