Metal Roofing Tax Credit 2011
In addition to yearly energy savings standing seam metal roofing qualifies for up a $500 Federal Tax Credit when installed in 2011! The $500 limit is 30% of the material cost of your metal roof which is an added bonus to all the other great benefits of metal.
In order for homeowners to take advantage of the recent tax credits provided by the Stimulus Plan in February of 2009, homeowners must:
- Be "placed in service" from December 31, 2010 to December 31, 2011
- Must be for taxpayers principal residence
- Save your receipts or the Energy Star label
- Improvements made in 2011 will be claimed on your 2011 taxes
- If you claimed a tax credit in 2009 or 2010 you are no longer eligible
According to Energy Star Americans spend about $40 billion annually to air condition buildings – sixth of all electricity generated in this country.
- ENERGY STAR qualified metal roof products reflect more of the sun’s rays. This can lower roof surface temperature by up to 100F, decreasing the amount of heat transferred into a building.
- ENERGY STAR qualified metal roof products can help reduce the amount of air conditioning needed in buildings, and can reduce peak cooling demand by 10-15 percent.
For more information visit the Energy Star website. If you have any questions relating to energy star compliant products please feel free to contact us toll free at 877-243-5621.
Your team of master roofers have just completed the metal roof on our large contemporary home after four weeks of intense, challenging, dangerous work. We are so impressed with your metal roofing team and wanted you to know it. Hurray for our beautiful metal roof!!
Jim and Dana