Solar Thin Film Calculations
Calculating a solar metal roof system is a very complicated process and getting an exact quote takes hours of measuring, monitoring and meeting with prospective homeowners. With that said, here is some information to get you started.
Calculating a Solar Array Requires:
- Sq. Footage (S, SW or SE facing areas of the roof)
- Shading (i.e. trees, walls, chimneys, neighbors, etc.)
- Objects (i.e. vents, chimneys, skylights, etc.)
What Does a 5kW (Kilo Watt) PV System Mean?
- In New Jersey the yearly average is 4.5 peak sun hours a day
- Therefore, we could say that this 5kW system produces 20kWh/day (5kW x 4.5 hours = 22.5 KiloWattHours)
- Depending on your energy usage profile a 5kw system could produce 35% to 60% of your total energy needs. Larger systems will offset more but is contingent upon roof space
Tax Incentives and Govt. Rebates
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 states you will receive a government tax credit for 30% of the cost of a solar panel system with NO CAP!
- Qualifies for 30% tax Credit on your metal roof System as well as your PV Solar
- SRECs are clean energy certificates sold to companies on the open market and can be read more about on our NJ SREC’s page
For More on Solar Incentives Visit – http://www.dsireusa.org/
For An Online Solar Roof Calculator Visit –
For Exact Estimates Call Us at 877-243-5621
Your team of master roofers have just completed the metal roof on our large contemporary home after four weeks of intense, challenging, dangerous work. We are so impressed with your metal roofing team and wanted you to know it. Hurray for our beautiful metal roof!!
Jim and Dana