Solar Thin Film Calculations
Calculating a solar metal roof system is a very complicated process and getting an exact quote takes hours of measuring, monitoring and meeting with prospective homeowners. With that said, here is some information to get you started.
Calculating a Solar Array Requires:
- Sq. Footage (S, SW or SE facing areas of the roof)
- Shading (i.e. trees, walls, chimneys, neighbors, etc.)
- Objects (i.e. vents, chimneys, skylights, etc.)
What Does a 5kW (Kilo Watt) PV System Mean?
- In New Jersey the yearly average is 4.5 peak sun hours a day
- Therefore, we could say that this 5kW system produces 20kWh/day (5kW x 4.5 hours = 22.5 KiloWattHours)
- Depending on your energy usage profile a 5kw system could produce 35% to 60% of your total energy needs. Larger systems will offset more but is contingent upon roof space
Tax Incentives and Govt. Rebates
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 states you will receive a government tax credit for 30% of the cost of a solar panel system with NO CAP!
- Qualifies for 30% tax Credit on your metal roof System as well as your PV Solar
- SRECs are clean energy certificates sold to companies on the open market and can be read more about on our NJ SREC's page
For More on Solar Incentives Visit - http://www.dsireusa.org/
For An Online Solar Roof Calculator Visit -
For Exact Estimates Call Us at 877-243-5621