Rain Water Collection
Rainwater Harvesting is a technique of capturing and storing of rainwater, so that it can be used as the water is needed. We offer four types of rainwater harvesting systems that include, the Traditional 225 RHS, the Classic 400 RHS, the Ultra 1700 RHS, and Custom Rainwater Harvesting Systems.
Advantages of Rainwater Harvesting Systems
- Water is free so you only pay for collection and use
- You may water your lawn with no restrictions
- Tanks are located near source eliminating the need for complex and costly systems
- Rainwater provides a water source when groundwater is unacceptable or unavailable
- The zero hardness of rainwater helps prevent scale or rust stains
- Rainwater is superior for landscape irrigation
- Reduces flow to stormwater drains and also reduces non-point source pollution
Water conservation experts have known for a while that the more clean and smooth the roof surface, the higher quantity of water can be collected and stored. Standing seam metal roofing systems create and ideal platform for rainwater harvesting as they lose little amounts of water compared to tar and gravel roofing systems, which can lose an average of 10 to 15 percect due to runoff.
Installing rainwater harvesting systems benefit not only your home, but also your local community and the entire state of New Jersey as it reduces demand on the water supply as well as run-off, erosion and contamination of surface water. It is not uncommon for a community as a whole to average 30 to 50 percent of water usage for landscaping irrigation. Rainwater harvesting systems drastically help these communities.
If you have additional questions please contact us toll free at 888-234-2929.